Anacreon(born ca. 570 BC) was a Greek lyric poet, notable for his drinking songs and hymns.Anacreon wrote all of his poetry in the ancient Ionic dialect. Like all early lyric poetry, it was composed to be sung or recited to the accompaniment of music, usually the lyre.Anacreon's poetry touched on universal themes of love, infatuation, disappointment, revelry, parties, festivals, and the observations of everyday people and life.

Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Hyderabad Blues,Blacks,Browns,Reds and one Kunal!!!


There are holidays and there are holidays....I had a perfect weekend on 4th and 5th March.I went to Hyderabad with my roomies, Subir and Kunal.I had been planning to visit Hyderabad for some time,but it somehow never worked out.But this time it was different.I needed to get away.My mundane existence had left me void of enthusiasm.So this was a welcome break.This is what we did:

Saturday 4th March:Reached Hyderabad around 8 AM.Met Subir's parents at his home in Banjara Hills.I took an instant liking to his Mom.She is so similar to my Mom,spoiling us with delicious food all the time.After breakfast we went to Hyderabad Central University in Subir's brand new Maruti Alto.The car had done only done 250 kms.We drove around the varsity for some time.Subir's friend Ranjan also agreed to come over to the University.Meanwhile Kunal got down to his usual antics.He has a driving license so he wanted to try his hands on Subir's car.The only mistake he did was that he got confused between the brakes and the accelerator.Thankfully no damage was done to the car or the people on road oblivious to Kunal.I had some rice and dal at Gopa's after which we left the campus.On the way to the city,we saw Microsoft and ISB premises,albeit only from outside.We then met a friend of Subir's in Barista and went to Eat Street there after.Finally, with nothing more to do we headed back home.On the way back,cops caught me for allegedly jumping the traffic lights.But one of them thought I was a "Bada Saheb"(I want to believe that it had something to do with my long hair) and let us go.We had wine ,prepared by Shyam and Subir, at home.Spoke to Subir's Mom for sometime after which Subir,Shyam and Ranjan went to the roof to have beer.Just before this JoJo took a fancy to Ranjan and started to rub his privates against Ranjan's trouser.Before you go ahead and get all judgmental about this,lemme tell you that JoJo is Subir's pet dog!!This however makes the RUBBING incident funnier.Over beer ,Ranjan and Kunal had a debate on whom JoJo loves more?The night ended on this note for me.

Sunday 5th March:Woke up at 11:30 with Kunal shouting in my ears.It took me some time and a puzzled Kunal to realise that I was in Hyderbad.I somehow thought I was in Bangalore on a Sunday morning with nothing better to do than sleep.I quickly got ready and all of us left for Charminar along with Subir's Mom.On the way the cops again showed their friendliness and caught me for a second time in two days,this time for not fastening the seat belt.With characteristic Hyderabadi courtesy the extracted Rs200 from me as "fine".We reached Charminar without any more incidents.I bought bangles for my Mom and Sis.Today I realised the power of bargaining and saved Rs300 this way.We went back home and spent some more time talking to Subir's Mom before leaving to get into HELIX. Helix is a group that was formed by Subir's seniors from CBIT.I had heard a lot about it from Subir so I wanted to see how good it really was. And I was not disappointed.The members of Helix are good speakers.Kunal spoke about his trip to Kashmir and Punjab and Subir reviewed "Hung by my Family Tree", a book written by a guy called Ajit Saldana.This was followed by a round that required everyone to choose a colour and explain what significance that colour held for that person.So we had Reds(passionate),Blacks(Mysterious),Blues(cool),Browns(laid back) and Greens(Kunal) speaking their hearts out.In short it was great fun.The ideas ,the presentation was really top class.After this we had a game of MAFIA in a restaurant called Sarovar and returned home.Subir's Mom had prepared rolls for us for the bus journey back to Bangalore.We thanked her for the wonderful time we had in Hyderabad and left for the bus stand.............

P.S. -For all those who are driven crazy by the traffic in Bangalore, take a trip to Hyderabad.The roads there are amazing,especially around the Banjara Hills and Jubilee Hills areas.It is a pleasure driving in Hyderabad,though the unruly way in which people drive over there leaves you cursing most of the time.Yet on the infrastructure front Hyderbad is way ahead of Bangalore.



2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Humping JoJo and Ranjan reminded me of Marcel and Ross(Ref-FRIENDS):-)

12:13 PM

 
Blogger anacreon said...

Kunal:So you humped JoJo and Ranjan!!I didn't know that.Guess,it was because I went to bed early.

5:53 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home