Anacreon(born ca. 570 BC) was a Greek lyric poet, notable for his drinking songs and hymns.Anacreon wrote all of his poetry in the ancient Ionic dialect. Like all early lyric poetry, it was composed to be sung or recited to the accompaniment of music, usually the lyre.Anacreon's poetry touched on universal themes of love, infatuation, disappointment, revelry, parties, festivals, and the observations of everyday people and life.

Tuesday, March 20, 2007

NITIE Mumbai - GD/PI Experience

TIME: 0800 hrs onwards.
Date: 15/03
Place: Nitie, Mumbai
The GD/PI process got over before I realized! Was a fun stay at Nitie, met so many pagals there... Would have loved it if the Profs had asked me a few more questions though and had I answered some of them....
Group Discussion: Group of 10, topic "Management is an Art or Science"...Was an okayish GD, spoke lesser compared to my usual standards...
I was talking to a Nitie student outside panel 2 when a Prof walked in....
Prof: So are we running late?
Student: Yes Sir, we have around 20-25 candidates left...
Prof: Should we speed it up? Aren't the candidates enjoying it?
Moi: Sir, if 5 Profs grill 1 candidate, how will he enjoy it?
Prof: Hmmm, why aren't they being asked tech stuff?
Moi: No, Sir, general discussion mostly....
Prof: So should we make it tech?
Moi: Yes, Sir, why not...but after me.....
I was just having a light banter with him, had got bored to death waiting for the interview to happen... After this is was called to Panel 3,and while I was waiting outside, I see the same Prof. walking in... When he saw me he gave a BIG grin.... I was like oh, ho!!!! tu to gaya beta!!!
Personal Interview: 5 Profs, and poor old moi...
Prof: What's a PIN Diode?
Moi: Sir, I know what a diode is, can't recall PIN diode...
Prof: What's the application of a Zener Diode?
Moi: Duh!!
Prof: Can a Geosynchronous satellite be used for interactive purposes? What's the time taken for a signal to come back? What height is it at?
Moi: It is used for education, long distance communication...so yes, it can be used for interactive purposes... time taken should be very less, and approximately at 6400 Km....
Prof: (With a look of utter hopelessness and pity) It cant be used for interactive purposes, it takes 0.5s and it is at 20000 Km...
Prof: Ok, thank you...
Moi: Thank You sir...
Time spent in Mumbai : 2 days...
Time spent in PI : 3 mins....
Questions answered : very close to zero....

2 Comments:

Blogger anacreon said...

Got a reject from NITIE today...guess it was expected with such a predetermined interview process. I was never given a chance to showcase my strengths. Just these senseless questions were what they could come up with.
Not too dejected other than the reason that I could have resigned had I got through....
Anyway, it's for the good I guess... was neither impressed by the college nor the students who could not even frame 2 sentences properly.
I hope I get a chance to say it was a loss for NITIE and not for me.

6:45 AM

 
Blogger VIZAG - Youth For Equality said...

hey dude.. whateva the result!! ur sense of humour roxxx!!! i mean hats off 2 ur guts 2 joke around with the profs... amazing!!!

8:49 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home