Anacreon(born ca. 570 BC) was a Greek lyric poet, notable for his drinking songs and hymns.Anacreon wrote all of his poetry in the ancient Ionic dialect. Like all early lyric poetry, it was composed to be sung or recited to the accompaniment of music, usually the lyre.Anacreon's poetry touched on universal themes of love, infatuation, disappointment, revelry, parties, festivals, and the observations of everyday people and life.

Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Auf Wiedersehen Panja Babu

Kunal left for good old land of Red (read Calcutta) last Saturday,back to his folks,back to his hometown.
I have known Kunal since my training days in Coimbatore,where he was no more than an new face for me.But some not so memorable events(I hate to call it destiny) made us take up a place to stay together.That's how Subir,Kunal and I began on a journey that started more as a convenience but blossomed into a friendship that was unique.We shared a camaraderie which did not rest on knowing everything about each other.It was not stifling,there were no conditions set nor too many questions asked.We knew that we would help each other out in any situtation,but we also knew when to keep our mouths shut.Kunal went through one of the most difficult phases of his life, and he coped remarably well during this time.I don't know what I would have done if I were in his place.I know he has come out a stronger person after this,but I fear he has lost faith in love.Then there were those innumerable moments of levity, all created out of his ingenuity in Hindi and sometimes in English too.So we had Kunal talking about his lack of ability to use a condom,watching movies such as "Son of Mask" and "Saws",and taking up smoking all brands of cigarettes from Marlboros to Flakes.It was the same stuff most of the evenings when we got back from work.Subir and me teaming up to laugh and make fun of anything he said.But to Kunal's credit,he never got touchy or irritated about any of our senseless jokes.
I didn't goto Hampi ;-) and Kashmir with him,but I will always remember our Hyderabad trip.Not because it was our first and only trip together,but because I finally found out the love of Man for his dog. I can't help smiling when I think about the "Incident of the Dog that made Kunal and Ranjan" prove their loyalties.
Jokes apart,I really had a wonderful 1 and a half years with Kunal and Subir.I am not a person who gets along with people very easily,but with them I didn't even have a single issue. I wish you the very best in life "Lotus Stalk".I hope you get all you desire.


PS-Don't forget ,Subir still gets to put his "Stamp" on your wife when you get married.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wonderful,Touching and Yet leg pulling.I have not lost faith in love but now i just avoid it...but i really will miss you guys a lot(miss not as GAY miss) :-)

1:05 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home