Anacreon(born ca. 570 BC) was a Greek lyric poet, notable for his drinking songs and hymns.Anacreon wrote all of his poetry in the ancient Ionic dialect. Like all early lyric poetry, it was composed to be sung or recited to the accompaniment of music, usually the lyre.Anacreon's poetry touched on universal themes of love, infatuation, disappointment, revelry, parties, festivals, and the observations of everyday people and life.

Thursday, March 30, 2006

I love you Mom

I fell
You put me back on my toes
I cried
You gave me a pat on my back

I hesitated
You filled the gut in me
I lost
You said, I almost won the game

I was in pain
You spoke words of solace
I panicked
You brushed my fears off

I prayed
You believed, my prayers would be first answered
I said not a word
You read my heart, my mind

I smiled
You shared the joy more than me
I won
You were proud you made me

I lived
You loved the way I did
Mom,
I owe it all to you, My Life.....

3 Comments:

Blogger Trance said...

Nice and True

3:37 AM

 
Blogger Subir said...

sob!! sob!! how emotional

8:46 AM

 
Blogger anacreon said...

Can't help but think about the difference in the above two comments.

8:58 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home