Anacreon(born ca. 570 BC) was a Greek lyric poet, notable for his drinking songs and hymns.Anacreon wrote all of his poetry in the ancient Ionic dialect. Like all early lyric poetry, it was composed to be sung or recited to the accompaniment of music, usually the lyre.Anacreon's poetry touched on universal themes of love, infatuation, disappointment, revelry, parties, festivals, and the observations of everyday people and life.

Friday, May 12, 2006

Shit happens.

It is the annual appraisal time. And mine is the only company where you stand a chance of reducing the already insignificant salary after having worked for another year.
So I had a discussion(that's what my PM calls it) with my PM last week.But it wasn't much of a discussion when you look at it.It was ,as usual, a one way volley of words. Words that came charging at me relentlessly. If there was anything that I said(this itself was rare),it was called a debate.And in my organization we encourage discussions and not debates. Much is made about the words that we utter.Not much other than endless jabber and meetings happen in my project,so I think my PM definitely had a point when he termed my views as debates.He started with my accomplishments and obviously there wasn't much I had achieved in his eyes.When it came to my deficiencies(which we call areas of improvement here) there was no end.And to top it all,after so much,I didn't even know how I was rated.I was given a floating point number and assigned to one of the Inetger point someones(Thank you Chetan Bhagat) category. And the rest as they say is history.Nothing can change this rating,no matter how I cry.
By the way, the adjacent picture aptly depicts how people at the bottom have to bear with all they shit upon them,courtesy the people at the top.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think I can sympathise with you.....No matter what you do..During rating time your areas of improovement is more than your achievement..Its must be one of those Murphy's Law

12:07 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home